Re: [opensuse] XMMS as Firefox helper app
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:02:07 +0100
Stan Goodman schrieb:
openSuSE v10.3; Firefox v3.05; XMMS v1.2.11

I would like Firefox to play streamed music through XMMS, and I have set
up *.pls for XMMS. Music continues to be played through the MPlayer
plugin. I intend to cause other audio streams also to play through XMMS.

How can I cause XMMS to be the active helper this stream type, without
crippling the existing MPlayer plugin?

You have no choice without crippling the MPlayer plugin.
File- and mime associations are always fed to the plugins first and if a
plugin takes it the browser would never try to find a helper application
for that.
You would need to exclude the mime-types you would like to bypass
mplayer in its configuration. IIRC that is possible in some
configuration file.

Wolfgang