Re: [opensuse] One thing driving me crazy - opensuse 11.1/kde4.2 factory/effing nvidia Geforce
  • From: Joe Morris <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 07:41:22 +0800
On 03/20/2009 07:18 AM, ianseeks wrote:
hi

My screen can go black when clicking on an icon/widget, everything is still
running e.g. Alt-Tab displays a list of running apps, but i cannot get the
display back unless I Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.

it is really ruining my KDE4 experience.

Ive tried the stable and beta version of the Nvidia driver but its the same
result. I don't even know how to explain a this in a bug report because i
can't reproduce it at will.

aaaaaaggghhhhhh

How do i set it to use the "nv" driver in yast? I might as well give it a
try.

Your symptoms indicate plasma is crashing. Since it has been working
pretty stable here, I would suggest rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasmarc and
rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc and rebuilding your IIRC
krunner (what used to be kicker) after logging out and back in.

--
Joe Morris