Re: [Fwd: Re: [opensuse] OS 11.1 - tv card issue MSI TV Anywhere]
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:10:17 +0100
Michaël Martens wrote:

From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Michael

the numbers are manufacturer and chip identifiers - your card is
1131:7134 which means Philips and the SAA7134 - so the driver is

From your lspci -v output, we see:

Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Device 8803

When looking through saa7134-cards.c, I don't see that card listed -
I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty certain the subdevice id is 8803,
and I don't see that.

My guess is you need a newer kernel - I checked, but didn't
see the card there either.

so basically I have to wait until there is a driver or buy another tv

Yeah, that's more or less it. Alternatively, you could try opening a
bugreport ( - I think the driver is fairly easily
fixed, it looks like just a matter of defining the characteristics of
your specific card such that the driver can properly initialize it etc.
For someone with the right data, it's no big deal.

Per Jessen, Zürich (11.4°C)