Re: [Fwd: Re: [opensuse] OS 11.1 - tv card issue MSI TV Anywhere]
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:10:17 +0100
Michaël Martens wrote:

From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Michael

the numbers are manufacturer and chip identifiers - your card is
1131:7134 which means Philips and the SAA7134 - so the driver is
fine.

From your lspci -v output, we see:

Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Device 8803

When looking through saa7134-cards.c, I don't see that card listed -
I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty certain the subdevice id is 8803,
and I don't see that.

My guess is you need a newer kernel - I checked 2.6.28.7, but didn't
see the card there either.

so basically I have to wait until there is a driver or buy another tv
card?

Yeah, that's more or less it. Alternatively, you could try opening a
bugreport (bugzilla.novell.com) - I think the driver is fairly easily
fixed, it looks like just a matter of defining the characteristics of
your specific card such that the driver can properly initialize it etc.
For someone with the right data, it's no big deal.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.4°C)