[opensuse] Re: Still think you WEP protection is sufficient for home use?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 19:59:55 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:54:30 -0600, L. V. Lammert wrote:

there are no laws anywhere that require the ISP to prevent ANY type of
access.

In the case of Utah, this is a proposed law, as I had mentioned in my
that are guaranteed to be consistent from one state to another. IIRC,
federal law would come into effect for something like this largely if
interstate commerce were involved, and Wifi access points generally would
be difficult to fit into that requirement. Again, though, IANAL - just
someone interested in the machinations and intracacies of the legal
system here in the US.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson