Re: [opensuse] Still think you WEP protection is sufficient for home use?
  • From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:53:46 -0600
On Tuesday 03 March 2009 11:07:18 Vincent Arnoux wrote:
MAC address spoofing
is much more difficult to perform.

HAHAHAHA.

I am required to *set* my MAC address each time I boot my desktop because of
brain-dead cards. It's trivial in Linux, and pretty darn easy in Windows.

As part of the sniffing of an active network, you get the MAC address of
every client, and it's easy enough to just use one of those. Assuming you
are willing to violate protocol, you'll be able to kick a well-behaving
client off the wireless anytime you want.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))

< Previous Next >