Re: [opensuse] Grub Bootloader reboot options
  • From: Mark Goldstein <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 19:40:57 +0200
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Rajko M. <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 02 March 2009 03:49:50 am John Bennett wrote:
Have been using 11.1 for a while now, and have a query re Grub. As I am
multibooting Suse/Vista/Ubuntu (95% suse :-) ), with previous versions
of grub, used to get the option if you went to Shutdown/Reboot and held
the mouse button for a few seconds, got the option of selecting what OS
I wanted to reboot to. Since installing (clean install), 11.1, I no
longer get this option. Anyone know how to get this back?
Thanks, John.

I have it in KDE 3 and 4. I didn't check do they work.

I remember that once these options disappeared in KDE3. The solution
was to go to "personal settings"->"system administration"->"login
manager", tab "shutdown", administrator mode and under "miscellaneous"
select Boot manager -> Grub. For some reason it was not set.

--
Mark Goldstein