Re: [opensuse] What's going on? X frying the CPU, Compiz totally broken... crisis hits SUSE?
  • From: skx <listy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 00:47:20 +0100
Anders Johansson wrote/napisaƂ(a):

In the mean time, it seems that the bug is only triggered by the beta
packages for gnome 2.26, so the quick fix would be to run the 11.1
distribution packages of gnome (2.24) where the bug is not triggered

I removed every package from gnome and kde I could find and reinstalled
gnome with safe repositories only enabled. The problem with X went away,
Compiz mostly works, still no decorations though and icons in the tray
all look the same so I probably missed some icon pack.

It's just annoying that updates breaks system instead of fixing it.

--
skx.