Re: [opensuse] Help - tmp full
Peter Ragosch wrote:
Am Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:19:09 -0800
schrieb Kai Ponte <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On my son's laptop, I went to reboot this morning. (I was trying to
see why I couldn't connect via ssh.) On boot, I got a message
that /tmp was full and that the desktop manager would not start.

What do I do? It won't let me login.

I've just running in a similar problem: couldn't log into kde desktop.

I could solve the problem by deleting (as root on init 3 level)
/var/log/zypper.logxxxx
A log file with more then 23 GB! eating up all HD space.

Now every think works fine again.

Hope that helps.
Peter

That was the file that did it for me. Mine was way bigger than I expected.

His machine has been running fine ever since.

--
kai
www.perfectreign.com | www.ecmplace.com