Re: [opensuse] Re: Trouble with Konsole
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 23:47:12 -0500
On Sunday 22 February 2009 04:10:53 am jdd wrote:
Bob S a écrit :
Hello SuSE people,

Testing 11.1 with KDE 4.1

Konsole, or any terminal refuses to use my hostname. When it opens it
says bob@linux-81s3 ~Documents. Where do I change that? It also will not
keep any configuration I have set for it.

there are many places where a hostname is defined and I should open a
bugzilla entry for that (but had no time to do now).

you can use

* YaST, network services (the place change with distro versions)
* command line "hostname" (see man page)
* /etc/hosts
* /etc/postfix/main.cf
* /etc/printcap
* /etc/samba/

and may be other I missed :-(
(do a grep -R yourhostname /etc

YaST don't change all

jdd
OK jdd,
Made the direct file changes you suggested. It worked, somewhat. Konsole
changed to the proper hostname but it keeps adding the "~Documents" to the
name. Don't know where or how to change that, Oh well. Thanks again.

Bob S