From: Nkoli [mailto:coomac@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 2:07 PM
To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse] ctrl-alt-backspace in 10.3 vs. 11.1

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Henrik Schmiediche
<henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
I am starting X by using "init 5" (on startup). This does not solve my
problem. It seems the problem is specific to my configuration since others
are reporting ctrl-alt-bs will not drop them to the console. Still this is
itself baffling since I am running a pretty new install and the behavior
was
there from the beginning. I do not know what caused this.

- Henrik

Hmm, that is strange. After it drops to console, does X continue to
run? Ie, can you switch back to your session using alt+f7? If so, it
could be a very weird keymapping confusion. If ctrl+alt+bs does kill
the X server, then I'm thinking you either don't have the package
containing kdm installed or you don't have a login manager set in
/etc/sysconfig.

Nkoli