Re: [opensuse] ctrl-alt-backspace in 10.3 vs. 11.1
  • From: "ne..." <guhvies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:21:40 +0000
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 16:08, Nkoli <coomac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Henrik Schmiediche
<henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this and it did not help. Are you telling
me when you type ctrl-alt-backspace from the kdm login screen it does not
drop you into the console?

- Henrik

From my experience, if X was started using 'startx', then hitting
ctrl+alt+bs twice will drop into console mode. The only way to get it
to display the login screen is to start X using 'init 5'. Try going to
init 3, then init 5 and see if ctrl+alt+bs still drops into console.
And also make sure that /etc/inittab has

# The default runlevel is defined here
id:5:initdefault:

and not
id:3:initdefault:

ne...
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.

Katharine Hepburn - "Life is hard. After all, it kills you."