[opensuse] Handling larg email Inbox files
  • From: Regis Matejcik <rm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:27:10 -0600
I'm using OpenSuse 11.0 and Evolution 2.22.1.1

I've gotten into what's probably a bad habit of letting important emails
accumulate in my Evolution Inbox. The search feature is quite good, and
I can usually find an important email quite easily.

The problem is, even though I try to create sub directories, there seems
to be a limit on the file size that evolution can handle. Last week
Evolution wouldn't crashed and wouldn't re-start. I went into
the .mail / inbox file and moved the 2gig+ inbox file to another
directory. Evolution then started, recreated the inbox file and
functions as normal.

The question is, is there a known application that I can use to access
the old 2gig+ email file? I've got a number of emails in there that I'd
hate to lose.

Thanks,

Regis