[opensuse] Postfix & header checks
  • From: Koenraad Lelong <k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:39:28 +0100
Hi,
I have a rule in the header-checks to check the date. If it's in the past or the far future, I reject the message.
I had a complaint that an old mail could not be forwarded, the mail-client displayed my reject message : adjust your clock, your mail has a date from the past.
Since the PC's clock is OK I was puzzled. When I sniffed the mail-transaction I did see the Date: header, but there was a second Date: header, from the original message.
So my question is : how does postfix handle "headers" ? I presumed that after the body of the message started header checks stopped to continue with body checks.

The rule I have is :
/^Date: .* 200[0-8]/ REJECT Your email has a date from the past. Fix your system clock and try again.
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong
begin:vcard
fn:Koenraad Lelong
n:Lelong;Koenraad
org:ACE electronics
adr:;;IZ Webbekom 2118;Diest;VlaBra;3290;Belgie
email;internet:k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:R&D Manager
tel;work:+32 13 531906
tel;fax:+32 13 531908