Re: [opensuse] Installing VirtualBox -- What/Where is "pan-devel"?
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 20:58:11 +0200
On Sunday 08 February 2009 22:24:54 Joe Morris wrote:
On 02/09/2009 02:12 AM, Stan Goodman wrote:
Since several have recommended installing from the VirtualBox website,
I uninstalled the VB-oce that I had installed previously, and
downloaded (v2.1.2) from there.

Although it seems that nobody else has experienced any glitch with
this, =;-/8, things did not go quite as smoothly here. The installation
was aborted because of a failed dependency, namely "pam-devel", which I
have no clue how to find. YaST knows nothing about it. If someone knows
what and where it is, please raise your hand.

Perhaps your subject is a typo. You are looking for pam-devel, which I
show as being in the DVD. Yast should find it with no problems.

--
Joe Morris

In fact I found it by googling, and installed it without difficulty.
VirtualBox is now installed, and I can read Alexey's article to learn how to
go further. Thanks, All...
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on