Re: [opensuse] There will be no reply-to-muning on this list
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 11:38:43 -0500
On 2009/02/02 21:22 (GMT-0600) Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. composed:

On Monday 02 February 2009 20:42:59 Felix Miata wrote:

On 2009/02/02 19:56 (GMT-0600) Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. composed:

Just because it is popular doesn't mean it is right.

Often popularity is a good indicator of what is right.

I disagree. Often popularity is a good indicator of what is "easy".
Usually doing something correctly takes more effort then get "getting it
done".

Often does not equate to usually. Two "often" things in the same universe are
not mutually exclusive. Getting it right may or may not "usually" take more
effort. I've never seen stats on that subject, but it seems a bit like an
application of the words "never" or "always" to me. Consider also Occam's Razor.

Popular is something we like to have our favorite distro described as. Is
openSUSE the most popular? Not according to stats I've seen. What does the
most popular distro, and others that are highly popular do, and does that
behavior contribute to their popularity? I would think that email support
lists that predictably behave the way most users expect lists to behave would
contribute to popularity. These top-10 that I am or have been on munge:
*buntu-users, fedora*, mandriva*. I've never been on other top-10 except
opensuse*, but my experience is thus 3-1 unweighted in favor of munging.
--
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your
mouths, but only what is helpful for building

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/