Re: [opensuse] KDE4.2
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:54:14 -0600
Basil Chupin wrote:

[pruned]

Didn't even know that such existed. With me, simply placing a
"widgie"[1] on the panel

Ooops! Mea culpa. I forgot to spell out what the [1] footnote was
supposed to read.

[1] "Widgie" is the female counterpart of the male "Bodgie" and refer to
terms used in Australia (and NZ?) back in the 50's for the equivalent
terms used at that time in the United Kingdom for members of the 'Teddy
Boy' fraternity. In current terms I guess they would now be called "Skin
Heads" or similar.

Ciao.

Gobsmacked!

I knew the Aussie's had a hand in the wonky naming conventions in 4.
(Thankfully, they went with the earlier phraseology.) I'd hate to have to add a
"skin head" to my panel...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC