Re: [opensuse] KDE4.2
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 02:52:08 +0100
On Wednesday 28 January 2009 02:36:20 Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster
wrote:
I saw that after my last post, but I had to wonder if the KDE 4.2 there
is based on a release candidate, as they are labeled "UNSTABLE". Does
anyone know if the KDE 4.2 posted there is based on the final (i.e. GM)
4.2 officially released today?

Yes it is. The "stable" repo contains 4.1.3 packages (what is in the current
stable distribution), unstable has 4.2 (currently included in what will
eventually become the next openSUSE) and factory has the 4.3 pre-alpha builds
(which may or may not make it into 11.2, I don't know)

Maybe there isn't a seamless and simple way to simply upgrade 4.1.3 to
4.2 GM (yet), especially without dependency problems. Can anyone comment
on this?

I've done it on my desktop. There are a few packages that went away, and a few
that changed names, and a few that were added, so you will get a few manual
corrections to make on the update, but it's no major headache

Anders