Re: [opensuse] Yast Seg Faulting on Fresh 11.0 i386 Install
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:50:17 +0100
On Thursday 22 January 2009 23:06:44 David C. Rankin wrote:
Here is another tidbit, and I don't think it is yast. I have 2 11.0
laptops sitting right next to each other. I dumped the yast packages from
each with:

rpm -qa | grep yast | sort > $hostname-yast

Then I did a diff on both files. They are identical

Probably qt, or some other secondary lib

I also opened a terminal and set ulimit -c unlimited as root and then
called yast2. I made it crash twice with software management and
repositories and the only output I received was:

[15:54 zephyr/home/david] # yast2
Command: /sbin/yast2 sw_single &
Command: /sbin/yast2 inst_source &
[15:58 zephyr/home/david] #

Did you not get a file with a name starting with "core" after the segfault?

Anders