Re: [opensuse] Novell Client for openSUSE Linux. Again...
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:08:45 +0100
On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 14:36 +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 14:19 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 1/21/2009 at 2:17 PM, Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:
And you downloaded the version for 11.1 / SLE11, right?
(Novell_Client_SLE11-x86_64-20081218-CD1.iso)

Mine is novell-client-2.0-SP1-sle10sp2-i386.iso, which is the latest I
see at the Novell download site. Where are you getting this software
from? I am getting mine from http://download.novell.com/index.jsp,
selecting "Novell Client" and getting the latest version I see there. I
have a Novell login. Maybe it does not let me see more files?

Ahhh, there we have it ;)
You can find a later version in the beta download sections (menu left)
http://www.novell.com/beta/auth/beta.jsp?id=2585&type=1

There are some more ISO files available, one for example for 11.1.

I see. I am installing it now. I will report back how it went.

It has installed. I have logged out/in. Now I need to sort out the
settings, like the tree and all. I used to have that somewhere...

Thanks for the help. I think I have what I need to get started. Now to
pick the brains of the guys in the local IT to get my settings sorted
out...

I wonder if this bets means that Novell intend to make the Client
available for openSUSE on a regular basis.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.