Re: [opensuse] ATI Driver Surprise
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 06:10:09 -0800
On Sunday January 18 2009, Peter Bradley wrote:
Ysgrifennodd Kjartan Geble Olsen:
Have you tried turning off 'wait for vertical refresh' in the ATI
control panel?

Glxgears went from 60(!) to 5000 fps when I did.

The 3d-performance doesn't really bother me, not getting decent
video playback is a whole lot worse..

Kjartan

HI Kjartan,

Hmm. Well that shows something. The ATI control panel says that the
drivers are not installed or not working (I paraphrase). I've no
idea what to do about that. Everything seems to install OK.

What is the name of this "control panel?" I can't seem to find it.

Cheers

Peter

Randall Schulz