Re: [opensuse] Firefox 3.X 100% CPU usage makes it unusable - urgent fix required
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 11:29:46 -0500
David C. Rankin said the following on 01/09/2009 11:06 AM:

I had that problem and as already mentioned it was with the adobe acrobat or
flash plugin. When it happens I just used ps -elf | grep acro or ps -elf |
grep
adobe and then killed the offending process. I finally set my default pdf
viewer to kpdf and the problem went away. I like the text/graphic selection
better in kpdf anyway.

+1

Shame its not in KDE4 yet.
(Or if it is its in a repository I don't know about)

--
"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die."
The Princess Bride,