Re: [opensuse] /opt directory keeps getting its permissions reset
  • From: "Hugo Palma" <hugo.m.palma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:43:33 +0000
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 10:20:32AM +0000, Hugo Palma wrote:
I keep my applications installed on the /opt directory that is owned
by the root user and group. In order for my user to be able to install
applications there i've added it to the root group and did:

chmod 775 /opt

This works fine. Still, every now and then and without me doing
another chmod i find that the /op directory has gone back to the
original permissions that are 755.
I first thought it was the guid setting so i disabled it, but still
the same happens.

Any idea what could be causing this ?

SuSEconfig permissions might do this or an update of the filesystem RPM
to which /opt belongs.

Consider to use /etc/permissions.local to adjust /opt to 0775.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team