[opensuse] Re: Strange "PermissionDeniedByPolicy" Problem with 11.1
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 05:57:10 -0500
Rainer Krienke <krienke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I have really no idea whats going on. The system where policykit has problems
is a system with NIS running autofs running and without local (non-system)
users. Could this cause any trouble (it did not however from suse8* to
suse11.0, with generally identical installation) ?

Here. Just put this in /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf, between <config
version="0.1"> and </config> will solve both of you problems (just
replace "your user name or uid" with the real thing):

<match action="org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable">
<match user="your user name or uid">
<return result="yes"/>
</match>
</match>
<match action="org.freedesktop.hal.storage.unmount-others">
<match user="your user name or uid">
<return result="yes"/>
</match>
</match>
<match action="org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate ">
<match user="your user name or uid">
<return result="yes"/>
</match>
</match>

Charles

--
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
(Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amterdam