Re: [opensuse] Controlling zypper's Timed-out when it is updating -- REPOST (of a Repost on 25 Nov 07)
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 23:39:21 -0600
On Sunday 04 January 2009 10:41:39 am Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
Carlos E. R. escribió:
A fact that you know because you are a dev, but not because you read it
in the documentation. Zypper(8) doesn't mention that it uses libcurl to
do the downloading.

because zypper does not use libcurl to do the downloading.. :) it is
libzypp that do,specifically, when MediaCurl interface is used, that
depends on what kind of repository we are talking about.

And, as has been commented that zypper now uses or will use aria2c or
metalinks libs to do the downloading, I'm not sure if zypper in 11.1
still uses curl or not.

libzypp uses libcurl unless ZYPP_ARIA2C environment variable is defined.

Can you help to update pages about:
http://en.opensuse.org/Libzypp

This one talks the most about curl. Is that the right one to explain how is
libcurl used by libzypp?
http://en.opensuse.org/Libzypp/URI

--
Regards, Rajko