Re: [opensuse] Fink for OpenSuSE?
  • From: Philipp Thomas <Philipp.Thomas2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 14:32:29 +0100
On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 08:39:49 +0200, you wrote:

2009/1/3 Michael S. Dunsavage <mikesd1@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

It would still be nice to have as then if the precompiled rpm package
is defunct, then a user can download the source and compile it
specific to their system.

And what is keeping you from doing so now? You only need a chroot
environment (which tools like build will build for you) and the .src.rpm.
Unpack the .src.rpm with unrpm, modify the .spec file and the call 'build'
or 'osc build' to build the new package.

If I were you, I would raise a Request for Enhancement jd.

Which would be rejected as nobody is going to invest time into recreating
the BSD ports system. If you want something like it use Gentoo.

Philipp