Re: [opensuse] Fink for OpenSuSE?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 17:45:05 -0500
j debert wrote:

Ummm... How would you know whether or not building from source would
have a noticeable benefit for me? That seems so...nevermind.

I've noticed that sort of thing in a few areas with SUSE. They seem to
think they know what you want, better than you do.

For the record, I have also on occasion built from source, as the
binaries weren't available. One of the nice things about Linux has been
the way it allows people who know what they're doing to do it. Now it
seems some nanny is taking over, to make sure we don't fall down and
scrape our knees.