Re: [opensuse] Is avahi needed? [Was: Zypper curl errors in 11.0]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 01:19:11 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2009-01-01 at 17:59 -0600, Rajko M. wrote:

In other words we are trying to find how to improve things that currently work
for majority, but under some circumstances can be source of frustration.

Disabling Avahi without knowing to what extent it is used, ie. what functions
will need manual tweaking is not a solution. Shoot the unknown device and
hope that the rest of the system will just work is in domain of fiction.

I have just dissabled avahi (suse 11.0), I think I do not need it. The worst that can happen is that I have to reenable it.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.