Re: [opensuse] Need help getting Postfix to stop fetching email
  • From: Adam Jimerson <vendion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:46:18 -0500

Per Jessen wrote:

I run postfix on a 16 year old 486DX2 with 24Mb RAM. Postfix does not
present any significant overhead - uses hardly any CPU, about 6M of
virtual memory and 10Mb diskspace. Surely a modern netbook can handle
that too.

/Per

I have it running on a Intel P3 (1GHz) machine and there is no problems
with overhead, but to get this back on topic I just needed help fixing a
late night mistake, and if disabling fetchmail is all I need to do then
this problem is solved I didn't expect this thread to get this far off
topic where people would try and work KDE4 into it (which I am happy
with both my desktop and laptop run it).