Re: [opensuse] knetworkmanager in 11.1
  • From: Jerry Houston <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 08:37:15 -0800
On Friday 26 December 2008 05:45:10 Mark Misulich wrote:
Hi,
just looking for a little information about 11.1.

Has anyone tried knetworkmanager on a laptop with 11.1 to see if it
works? I haven't gone from 10.3 to 11.0 on my laptop because it never
seemed to have worked or gotten fixed yet in 11.0. I am wondering if it
is working properly, in order to venture putting 11.1 on the laptop.

Someone undoubtedly has, but I gave up on network manager long ago, and
switched to using ifup to start the connection, even on my laptops. It seems
to be a lot faster and in my case, a lot more reliable.

And startup is done before control gets to me, so I don't have to sit there
and look at an icon until it tells me I'm connected. Everything I need to
access is ready when I am.

Maybe network manager is a lot better today than it was when I stopped using
it, but ifup works so well for me, I've never felt compelled to give it
another try.