Re: [opensuse] Am I the only one?
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 19:29:30 -0500
Tim Ertl said the following on 12/24/2008 02:19 PM:
Even though I like KDE 4 I am not going to 11.1 with KDE4 until someone
releases a procedure/configuration/patch for KDE4 to run a little more
efficiently. It currently takes too much memory and cpu cycles. 11.1 w/KDE 4
requires 768m more memory then 11.0/kde3.5 for almost the same performance.
Simply opening the same test document with OO-3.0 (same OO version tested on
both 11.0 and 11.1) takes literally 2 times longer just to open! This is the
first time SuSE has released a product that I can't make fit on my machines.

I've had so much trouble installing and using 11.1 I'm feeling rather
bruised. Comments like this really bother me.

Is there a simple to roll back from 11.1 to 11.0? Or do I have to do a
wipe & install?

--
"Key escrow to rule them all; key escrow to find them.
Key escrow to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.