Re: [opensuse] Using windows shares (SOLVED)
On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 16:14 +0100, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:
This solves my problem - at least for now.

- In KDE, use the James Knott suggestion: "Personal Settings", under
"Internet & Network" in KDE. Then open up Konq, do a
"smb://wintendo-share". Pull a symlink out to the desktop.

This gives the users an easy access to their win-share. Ok, they can see
the other shares that may be there, but they cannot get in there...

And it's pw-less, if they fill in the KDE dialog as pointed out by JK.

I'm using gnome, not KDE, but; in a similar way, using Nautilus, if I
browse the network and then click the share I want to mount I'll be
prompted for the login credentials. I'll also have the option to save
the password permanently in the gnome-keyring. Then I can simply say
"Add Bookmark" and viola! it appears on the left side of Nautilus.

You can also drag-and-drop a share or link onto the desktop and because
the key-ring has the login info there are no passwords.

Regards,
--
John Lange
www.johnlange.ca