Re: [opensuse] BIOS question
  • From: Rick Friedman <rickfriedman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:01:57 -0500
On Friday 28 November 2008 14:46:09 James Knott wrote:
Ed Harrison wrote:
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
You would think I would know this but alas...

Is there a utility that comes with openSUSE that can be used to tell
what type of RAM the computer has? Not the amount. But the type.

try hwinfo --bios

Ed

Nope. Doesn't show it, at least not on my computer.

Actually, it does show it if you run it as su or sudo. If you run it as a
normal user, it does not show all the information.

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.
< Previous Next >