Re: [opensuse] BIOS question
  • From: Jerry Houston <Jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:42:21 -0800
On Friday 28 November 2008 08:10:48 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

That is what I was looking for. So, I am guessing this machine has 2
RIMMs installed, and 2 that are empty:

Not necessarily.

It's possible that the same BIOS can be used with motherboards that are
configured differently than yours. On my Toshiba laptop, I got the same kind
of answer regarding DIMM slots. 0 and 1 are reportedly empty, and 1 and 2
each have a GB installed.

But I know for a fact that this computer has only two DIMM slots. Apparently
other models of Toshiba laptops that use the same BIOS might have four, so it
needs to accommodate those as well.