Re: [opensuse] Crash "tolerant" file system?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:39:08 +0100
Anders Norrbring wrote:

I know.. This has been chewed in articles over and over.. But what are
your personal, subjective, feelings about file systems?

I want to run something that is fast for use as a system partition,
pretty "tolerant" to crashes from disasters like power outages etc.

The system partition will reside on a Adaptec RAID-5.

I'm currently looking at ext3, ReiserFS and XFS. ReiserFS has always
served me good, but as you all know, support and development is going
downhill. Ext3 hasn't made itself famous for being fast, and XFS is
still a "gray matter" in my world..

I use JFS, but whether it is more resilient wrt crashes, I don't know.

/Per

--
/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich