Re: [opensuse] Timestamping pipe
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:52:58 +0000

Carlos E. R. wrote:
<http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/>

But the site is not working right now - ah, its back. I have
"lazarus-0.9.26-0...rpm" installed. Download from sourceforge:
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89339>. Compiling
the source is complex, better get the binary rpm. However, you need the
source tree of the compiler for some things. Screenshots here:
<http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Screenshots>

(And Heinlein's Lazarus: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_Long>)

There is another version of pascal, one that crosscompiles via gcc. I
don't like and don't use it, not very compatible with turbopascal. Both
this and freepascal where included with suse not too long ago.

I was not overly impressed with those either, for me it is more a bit of
programming nostalgia, I think I have some old (+15 years) things which
I might be able to resurrect (if I can find them after this time).

Thanks for this and the extras :-),

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup