Re: [opensuse] Apache server side includes openSUSE 10.3 x86_64
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:23:31 +0100
Anton Aylward wrote:

You set it up in /etc/sysconfig/apache - there's a variable
specifying which modules to load.

That's one of the most intimidating config files I've ever come
across, so I don't really understand it. It does seem to say that
the include module is installed by default and it does have an entry
saying:

APACHE_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_file authz_host
authz_groupfile authz_default authz_user authn_dbm autoindex cgi dir
env expires include log_config mime negotiation setenvif ssl suexec
userdir php5 rewrite dav dav_svn authz_svn"
So, since include in in that list, I would expect to be able to do
server side includes: but I can't.

I'd go further than that. I've added modules there and Apache
complains. Obviously its not as simple as that.

Yes it is, honestly.

Where should the modules live? Only in /usr/lib/apache2 ? Apparently
not.

Providing your own modules is a different story. If you stick to what
openSUSE provides, you don't need to worry about where they are stored.

/Per

--
/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich