Re: [opensuse] Apache server side includes openSUSE 10.3 x86_64
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:07:32 +0100
Peter Bradley wrote:

I've got a default apache2 setup on my box and I want to enable
server-side includes. I couldn't find any documentation that I really
understood. For example some docs say you must have mod_include
installed, but other docs don't mention it.

Just use the Apache manual and ignore most others.

I certainly couldn't find mod_include via YaST. I notice that there's
a line in /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf that says:

You set it up in /etc/sysconfig/apache - there's a variable specifying
which modules to load.

There's only one Directory element in httpd.conf. It did say Options
None, and had no AddType or AddHandler lines, so I changed it to say:

<Directory />
Options Includes
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Directory>

I use 'AddOutputFilter INCLUDES shtml' instead of the addhandler.

/Per

--
/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich