Re: [opensuse] Dumb Online Update Question -Patches also?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:05:42 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2008-11-15 at 23:23 -0500, Bob S wrote:

Hi Carlos.
Yes, I guess I didn't make myself very clear. The question was when you do the
upgrade all if newer, does it include all of the patches.

Ah. Yes, it does. If there is a newer version (patch, delta, full) in the update repo, it is downloaded or applied, instead of downloaded the plain old archive.

Whether it chooses the delta, the patch, or the full archive, that's up to YaST to decide, but I assume it does what is faster :-)

Mmmm... maybe an option to give preference to the smaller download would be nice, for those with metered connections.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.