Re: [opensuse] Enuff of the Unknown Sender and no (subject)
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 15:36:35 +0100
On Saturday 15 November 2008 15:16:43 Anton Aylward wrote:
I have my procmail filter out messages that have no subject line and
also messages that have no sender since these are characteristic of a
lot of spam. Each go into a separate folder away from regular mail I
check that at least once a week. Nothing suse-like has shown up in
either of them.

The mailing list itself will add [opensuse] to the subject, so if there was
absolutely nothing in the subject line, it cannot possibly have come through
the list

Unless there is a bug in the list management software, in which case all
headers should be sent to the mailing list admin for investigation.

There is a bug in nfs though, which can sometimes cause kmail to be unable to
read the email at all, in which case it will display the email as no sender,
no subject, no date and (of course) no contents. Remounting the nfs folder
will "fix" it (until the next time it happens). If this is what is happening
here, I would love to know about it, since I have a bug report open about it,
and the more info we can get the faster it can get solved.

Anders