Re: [opensuse] forcing order of file copy
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:28:26 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2008-11-14 at 11:30 +0100, Istvan Gabor wrote:

In the meantime I found a program called FATSort Utility
which does exactly what I need. It can be found at:
http://fatsort.berlios.de/
The only drawback is you have to run it as root since it
operates with the unmounted flash card directly.

Maybe you can try with the old command line norton utilities (1985-1995). I seem to recall a dir sort utility there. And obviously, they work on mounted volumes; hopefully they'll work under wine or dosemu. And I think old versions were given free on magazines much later on, so perhaps it is possible to obtain them free, too.

Regarding the solution you gave: it works with one directory at
a time. What is if you have several directories and don't want
to create and fill them individually?

Maybe you could do it with 'mc'.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.