[opensuse] forcing order of file copy
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:43:19 +0100 (CET)
Hello:

I have an MP3 player that plays the files according to order
their were saved on the flash drive (practically according to
their index numbers).
When I copy the files onto the flash drive the order of the copy
not always occurs alphabetically. Eg. copying of 04.mp3 may
precede copying of 03.mp3. I tried command line cp, rsync,
krusader in kde.
When I copy several albums to a card the order of songs
frequently messed up.

How could I force copy to take place in alphabetical order in
linux?

TIA,

IG