Re: [opensuse] Another IMPORTANT thing missing in KDE 4.1!
  • From: "Andrew Joakimsen" <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:12:42 -0500
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 19:55, Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 11 November 2008 01:39:36 Larry Stotler wrote:
On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
If you go to "panel settings", you can click'n'drag the icons to place
them where you want them

Are they going to "fix" this so that you can just move them around
like in KDE3? Seems like an unncessary step IMO.

I hope not

I haven't used kde3 in quite some time now, but as I recall, you have to find
the small little tiny arrow next to the icon, click it, select "move" from the
popup menu, and then you can move it around.

I prefer the kde4 method. Once in "panel settings", you can move all the icons
around without additional steps, and there are no problems in finding
miniscule arrows (very hard for people who are unaccustomed to precise mouse
manoeuvres)

Right-click->panel settings && move the icon && click somewhere else => done

It's not that much extra work, if any at all. And if you want to move more
than one icon around, it's less work.

Well I use KDE 3.5 right now and it does let me move them aground
however I wish with just the left mouse button.