Re: [opensuse] set time and date in 9.3
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:55:16 -0400
On Monday 10 November 2008 17:34, Ken Schneider wrote:
Doug McGarrett pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
It's been several years since I saw this problem and I forget how to fix
it. The --help command is confusing to me. The problem: the computer is
approximately 8 months slow--it thinks it's last March. Interestingly,
the time is correct. If I need to be in SU mode, please advise.
TIA--
doug

Blessed are the peacemakers ... for they shall be shot at from both
sides. --A.M. Greeley

(As root) date MMDDhhmmCCYY = month day hour minute century year

for 6:00pm 14 nov 2008 it would be `date 111418002008` and century year
can be omitted if current.

It should now be clear as mud.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998

Thank you, Ken--I found this on Google, which I should have looked at first.

However, I tried to set up NTP as discussed in

www.cpqlinux.com/ntp.html

running in su /root, and got permission denied. So now I have the correct
date, and almost the correct time, but I can't sync to NTP. Any help here?