Re: [opensuse] Win98se in QEMU on openSUSE 11.0
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:46:39 -0500
David C. Rankin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Jay C Vollmer wrote:
On Wednesday 05 November 2008, David C. Rankin wrote:

I can't solve your qmenu problem, but I bet virtualbox will work:

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
Thanks David.

I've switched to VirtualBox and and it has solved that problem. The only
problem left is the USB support. Is there a trick to getting a guest OS to
see USB devices on the host?

Yep, there's a trick:

For USB, for openSuSE in fstab add:

none /proc/bus/usb usbfs
auto,busgid=XXX,busmode=0775,devgid=XXX,devmode=0664 0 0

where XXX is the vboxuser gid from /etc/group.

Make sure it is all on one line as well.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998