Re: [opensuse] Win98se in QEMU on openSUSE 11.0
  • From: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:05:23 +0000
Jay C Vollmer wrote:
On Friday 07 November 2008, Dave Plater wrote:

Jay C Vollmer wrote:

On Wednesday 05 November 2008, David C. Rankin wrote:

I can't solve your qmenu problem, but I bet virtualbox will work:

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Thanks David.

I've switched to VirtualBox and and it has solved that problem. The
only problem left is the USB support. Is there a trick to getting a
guest OS to see USB devices on the host?

Use VirtualBox from http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads the
open source version doesn't have usb support
Regards
Dave P

I'm using the closed-source version.

/proc/bus/usb needs to be mounted as usbfs. To accomplish that issue
'mount /proc/bus/usb'

To make it permanent, modify your /etc/fstab to include:

/sys/bus/usb/drivers /proc/bus/usb usbfs devgid=<group
id>,devmode=664 0 0

--
Rui Santos
http://www.ruisantos.com/