Re: [opensuse] Gmail shows empty emails [Was: Thunderbird, Reply-to List 3.0, and slowness opening large emails]
  • From: Masaru Nomiya <nomiya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 00:10:53 +0900
Hello,

In the Message;

Subject : Re: [opensuse] Gmail shows empty emails [Was: Thunderbird,
Reply-to List 3.0, and slowness opening large emails]
Date & Time: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 12:42:36 +0100 (CET)

"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> has written:

On Monday, 2008-11-03 at 10:14 -0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

I normally read in kmail and have seen no problem, so after I read this I
went
to firefox and read the message in gmail's web interface. Not only could I
read Dotan's message, but the signature also displays correctly.

It still shows empty in my gmail webmail.

The gmail webmail's behaviour is entirely correct.

The problem is caused by this ML's policy.
That is, this attaches the plain text;

to all the posted mails.
When the mail's body is encoded with base64, the mail DOES show empty with
the plain text attachment.

If you get rid of the last plain text part, you can see the mail's body.

Yes, solution of this problem IS not to attach the plain text to all mails.

How about this? > Administrator

Regards,

---
野宮 賢 mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp