Re: [opensuse] Is the a list of Switches that support link bonding?
  • From: Philippe Andersson <pan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:41:48 +0100
Greg Freemyer wrote:
All,

I considering setting up link bonding for the first time. The server
would have 2 NICs. Possibly a couple of the clients would have the
same, but most of the clients only one NIC.

I've checked a couple switches and I'm confused. I found one old
comment that there was a 8-port Netgear 1Gbit switch that supported it
for $100 which sounds great.

But I need about 24 ports, and from my initial looks I haven't found
one yet that does.

My method is to drill down into spec sheets, but I'm hoping someone
has already done that and built a nice list?
We successfully use bonding on our HP DL380 servers (SLES). They're
hooked to HP ProCurve switches (typically the 5406zl model).

But I'm not aware of any support for bonding being needed on the switch
side. As far as I know, everything happens on the server side. I may be
wrong and just lucky to use a compatible switch, of course.

HTH

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for
the recipient (s) named above. This communication is intended to be and to
remain confidential and may be protected by intellectual property rights. Any
use of the information contained herein (including but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution of any form) by persons
other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. Please notify the sender
secure or error-free. Ion Beam Applications does not accept liability for any
such errors. Thank you for your cooperation.