Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird, Reply-to List 3.0, and slowness opening large emails
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 10:39:31 +0100
Joe Morris schreef:
This is just a heads up. I was just trying again to find the cause of
the slowness of Thunderbird to open bigger emails. A 5 meg email would
take several minutes and high CPU load to open a message. After trying
several things, rebuilding indexes, splitting up emails into several sub
folders, etc, all to no avail, I found a question in a similar subject
thread asking about extensions. I then tried disabling all extensions,
and it worked normally. Trial and error located the culprit, Reply to
List. When started via a console, the console revealed all kinds of
output when a message was clicked on for viewing. I then uninstalled
it, and Thunderbird was back to its normally quick self.

(snip)

Thanks a mil Joe, this issue had me headscratching in vain for a couple of
months. I found it nowhere in Google.

--
Jos van Kan registered Linux user #152704