Re: [opensuse] SuSE and MS
  • From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 13:28:07 +1030
On Sunday 02 November 2008 13:05:23 69_rs_ss wrote:
Richard wrote:
On Sat November 1 2008 7:07:57 pm Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Saturday 01 November 2008 15:59, Richard wrote:
I'd really like to know what others feel about the following article:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000121

I found it rather disturbing

When? Two years ago when that was written??

Really, we've been through all this. Ad nauseum. So far, the sky hasn't
fallen, though today that sky does seem to be crying quite a lot
here...

Richard

Randall Schulz

This was in the November 2008 copy of Linux Journel and I had never seen
such an article previously. I had seen threads in this newslist a
couple of years ago but never in a published mag before. I am not
proclaiming the sky is falling or anything like it, but am quite curious
if there is anything to the article that one should take seriously.
Given the 'deal' with MS was about 2 years ago, we would still have 3
years of 'safety', but if there is anything to the article, you don't
want to wait until the lawyers start sending out their little notices
either. I personally hope Novell was/is smart enough to trump any
'Aces' that M$ might think it has with this deal. SuSE certainly is my
choice of OS.

Richard

Do you happen to know what page it is on because I just went from cover
to cover and was unable to find this article in the November '08 Linux
Journal?

Try November '06 - it is old news.

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx