Re: [opensuse] BASH - while read; howto read last line in file without blank line at end?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 07:47:35 -0700
On Saturday 01 November 2008 07:23, David Bolt wrote:
On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Randall R Schulz wrote:-

Also, in this particular case, at least, none of the curly braces
(inside the quoted string or around the while loop) are necessary.

They may not be required, but always including them is still a useful
habit to have as it ensures you're going to be using them when you
actually need to use them.

That's a matter of philosophy, I guess. As a programmer, I'm a
minimalist. I eschew "just in case" habits like extra punctuation. It's
better to think about every clause of every statement you write that it
is to do programming on auto-pilot.

Regards,
David Bolt

Randall Schulz